December 16, 2010

New Sewing Cabinet


Here is a picture of my new sewing cabinet that my oh so sweet husband built - minus the drawers, they are still being painted (by our awesome friend Cody).  The table is 24" deep and 99" long with 16 drawers and 3 pull-out counters!  The drawers to the right were specifically designed to hold my different types of thread - sewing, embroidery, and serger thread.


This drawer will hold my serger and I'll just pick it up and set it on the pull-out counter and have an extra sewing area.


My machine will obviously sit in the middle section and it's acrylic table will meet the height of the towers on each side to make a continuous counter top across the whole cabinet.

I am so excited to get this big fella in my sewing room, but that'll be a challenge!  It is going to take up an entire wall, so some serious rearranging is going to have to take place.  Here are some pics of my current sewing space.  Be warned - it's really messy since I'm in the middle of making Christmas presents (at least that's my excuse)!  :)

I think the cutting table will go in front of the window on the left, the current sewing cabinet will get folded up and moved in the corner where the dress form is (if it'll fit).  The chair will probably have to go - so sad, I take really good naps there surrounded by all the fabric.  :) 

If anyone has some really good spacial orientation skills I'd love suggestions on how to best maximize the space.  I'm hoping to also take this opportunity to reorganize all my fabric.  I've had a couple very brave friends volunteer to be color sorters - I'm depending on you girls!  I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment