September 14, 2010

ADD Strikes Again!

So I've let the ADD creep in a bit lately and worked on a couple other projects in the middle of my baby quilt planning.  I have settled on a design for my sister's quilt, now it's a matter of doing the math and putting it all together.  Here is a picture of our cat (formerly my sister's cat), Dublin, putting in his two cents. 


I really have to say he really doesn't have much of an eye for fabric placement.  His idea of helping was to throw the pieces in the air and bite at them while he deposited as much hair as possible on the rest of the fabric.  Don't worry sister, I'll wash it before I send it to you.  :)

I also took a quick stab at some fabric dying.  I only had time to mix up one color and just barely got started playing around when I had to quit, so I'll post more about that later when I've had a chance to do a little more experimentation.  Here is the kitchen before the experiment started.  I really like the colors, I'm anxious to get another chunk of time to make another mess!


I also finally purchased all of the materials (tack strips, ply grip, bonded decron, etc.) I have been lacking to work on a reupholstry project I started, well, we won't talk about how long ago it was started - cough, cough.  I think I'll be motivated to work on it again when my supplies get here.  This is a picture of the before.

 

Quite a beauty, huh?  The after picture in my head is quite lovely - we'll see if we can get there.  When I was in high school, I used to watch the Furniture Guys after school every day - they cracked me up!  I actually tried to find some old episodes online the other day, but no luck.  Maybe some of that soaked in and this project won't be too difficult. 

2 comments:

  1. So, it just occurs to me that I have yet to meet Dublin in person...I think this is a situation that needs remedied! Plus, I want to see that cute fabric for your sister's quilt in person! :) Love the blog! Quilting and cats, who doesn't love a post about that!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Dublin is a want-a-be poodle. : ) Hope his hip is better. Cat fur would probably add some down-like qualities to the quilt. Am very anxious to see the end product of the baby quilt!!!
    Glad you have a vision for the chair. Know it will be a challenge. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete