September 27, 2010

Catching Up


Tiger Man was taking it really rough the other day!  I just had to share a pic of the funniest sleeping position I've ever seen him in.

I've been negligent to write about what I've been doing lately.  I've selfishly used my spare time to sew rather than post.  But, here's a quick run down of what's been going on.

The baby quilt is coming along - the top is put together now (unless I decide to do one more border).  It has a fun surprise border I want to share with you guys when it's finished.

I finally received all my upholstery supplies that I ordered a while back.  I now have a second upholstery project that I'm working on for a friend.  I'll document and take pictures as I go along so I can share with you if it turns out to be educational.  :)

My sweet husband has been taking specs to build my dream sewing cabinet.  We found an old, solid wood roll top desk that we wanted to convert into a sewing cabinet, but the resale shop failed to mark it as sold - what a dream crusher!  But, it gave us a direction and now we are free to work with the exact dimensions I want.  Check back for pictures as we go along and a pattern to be available soon!

A random side project that came along was to create a costume hat for my husband so he could dress like Mr. Sir (from Holes - if you haven't seen it, go rent it tonight!) for Homecoming Spirit Week at the school where he teaches.  We pulled off the costume pretty well.  I wish we would've thought earlier to get a rubber lizard to paint yellow spots on.  That would've definitely been the cherry on the top.  Here's a pic of the lovely hat we embellished.


I also have a fall paper project that I want to share with you guys - check back later this week to get some fall inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment