September 6, 2010

My First Etsy Product!


I am so excited to say, that today I posted my first product for sale on Etsy (you can see my shop with its 1 item here).  With my mother-in-law's encouragement, my first item for sale is inspired by a gift I made for her!

It is a custom order project where I will make a Dresden plate block out of old neck ties.  You can see her finished block above made from her father's ties.  I'm pleased with the way it turned out and hoping others will like it too and want to buy one.

I used a Dresden plate pattern I found in the Moda Bake Shop (oh, how I love that blog!!) - you can see it here.  I only used the machine to piece the plate then I hand-appliqued the plate to a wool background.

I glued small dowel rods to the top and bottom of the block to help it hang nice and straight.  I also put 3 small loops made out of ribbon for hangers.  Here's a picture of the glue drying on the bottom dowel and the loops sewn into the top, but before I glued the dowel onto the top.


My mother-in-law is actually going to get it framed and make a special place for it on her wall. I couldn't be more happy that she is so pleased with it!  :)

1 comment: